Wednesday, August 11, 2010

FBI Priorities: First Copyright Infringers THEN Missing Persons

I don't know about you but when I think of the F.B.I. I get images of Dangerous Minds in my head. Some of the country's top cops thinking outside the box, finding dangerous criminals, solving unsolved crimes, and finding missing persons. Apparently that may not be the case; TechDirt reports that the F.B.I.'s to-do list now ranks copyright infringement higher than identity theft and missing persons.

From TechDirt:
Specifically, the FBI has consciously decided to give such cases lower priority in the FBI's laboratory, which is used to look at DNA evidence.
So if ever you're looking for one of the 719,558 people reported missing in 2009, just tell the F.B.I. that they may have illegally downloaded The Hurt Locker and the latest Kanye West album. They may just find them that much quicker.

via TechDirt

No comments:

Post a Comment