Tuesday, November 2, 2010

ITunes Music Preview Times Now Tripled!


The iTunes Store truly revolutionized the way we consume music online. Downloading your music was no longer an admission of guilt but rather a proclamation that you were the future of music sales.

Hyperbole? Not really; especially when you consider that the iTunes Store accounts for the majority of music purchases in the US. ITunes managed to do this by offering people a 30-second preview of every song in their catalog allowing you to try before you buy. Now, at least according to TechCrunch, it seems like Apple will be serving up 90-second previews for songs longer than 2-minutes and 30-seconds.

Will this mark the beginning of streaming music direct from the cloud? Probably. I just hope it comes sooner than later because I miss having my music library anywhere I went. I miss lala.

No comments:

Post a Comment